Purpose of Department
The Securities Services Compliance Department exists to provide advice, support and guidance on all regulatory matters as they apply to the business, the management team and employees of Securities Services. This includes all matters pertaining to the FCA, PRA or other UK regulators and international regulators. The Compliance Department works closely with the Securities Services SCA Corporate Compliance team in Paris and the Operational Risk and Permanent Control teams (ORPC teams) to support the business in complying with all regulatory matters. The majority of the Securities Services Compliance Department is based in London with a small team in Glasgow.
Purpose of Position
The purpose of the role is to work with the business and peers within the compliance function to ensure that regulatory matters are managed in a professional manner by providing support, advice and the sharing of knowledge both to the business and to the wider compliance function within Securities Services.
This position is based in Glasgow to ensure a compliance interface with and oversight of the Asset & Fund Services business line based in Glasgow and Dundee. However, the role requires regular travel to London both to ensure coverage of the operational teams of Asset & Fund Services that operate from this base and to enable the position to be integrated with the London based Compliance team.
- Provide SME (Subject Matter Expert) input to Compliance Risk Assessment Framework
- Execution of thematic reviews to ensure that the business is operating within their regulatory risk appetite
- Contributes to the collation of Compliance MI
- Provides timely and accurate advice on regulatory implications on new/existing products, business strategies and activities
- Represent Compliance on business change projects
- Liaise and network with peers in other organisations, attend and actively participate in regulatory focus groups
- Responsibility for managing own workload
- Escalation of issues to The Head of Regulatory Assurance or the Head of Compliance as they arise
- Ensure that all allocated Compliance policies and procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure they remain in line with Metier and UK Territory requirements and business needs.
- Attendance at governance meetings including business line Risk Committees and Monthly Business Review Committees
Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of and understanding of FCA rules specifically COLL, COBS, AIFMD and awareness of SYSC
- Detailed understanding of fund accounting, fund administration and funds dealing. This includes pricing, NAVs and processing of corporate actions.
- General compliance experience including provision of advice and performing compliance monitoring.
- Knowledge of custodial services and/or asset management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to proactively partner with the business
- Compliance qualification, eg CISI
- Understanding of middle office outsourcing and support services
- Ability to work with senior management as part of internal Governance processes
- Degree level or equivalent education
- Report writing and analytical skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Project management experience related to new products and services