Compliance Officer - Part Time (3 days per week)
Competitive salary, bonus, benefits & share options available.
About The Company
The company was one of the pioneers of the pre-application eligibility check to help customers avoid credit-damaging rejection. Half-a-million people now use their comparison platform to find finance products they are most suited for every month.
The company have recently launched a free credit eligibility score service in the UK which reflects shifts in the market as well as changes to the customer’s personal circumstances – a true index of a customer’s credit status.
They are offering the energy and enthusiasm of a start-up coupled with the stability and resources of an established brand. The company champions bright people who can make things happen.
About The Role
- Reporting directly to the General Counsel, this is a key role within the company.
- A broad and demanding role, you will be comfortable working across all relevant areas of compliance and happy to develop your knowledge as required.
- You will be highly experienced in consumer credit compliance, with a focus on financial promotions.
- You will have a good working knowledge of data protection and consumer protection legislation.
- This is a fast paced business where compliance advice is valued, and truly helps to inform business decisions. You should enjoy multitasking, and be confident in providing practical advice across the business.
- First point of contact for day to day advice on consumer credit compliance matters.
- Review and approve financial promotions, including website copy.
- Lead compliance advice on new products and strategies.
- Review, refresh and implement policies across the business.
- Improve existing compliance processes where possible / necessary.
- Maintain appropriate evidence of our compliance.
- Manage our approach to external partner / supplier compliance and enforce due diligence processes for new partners.
- Prepare and deliver training on a range of compliance topics.
- Coordinate third party audit requests, manage business inputs into audits and facilitate on site assessments.
- Carry out internal audit functions and assist the business in creating new processes and audit trails for decision making.
- Support the customer service function in case of consumer queries or complaints.
- Annual registrations and renewals (e.g. FCA annual statements).
- Provide input to management team and board briefings.
- Support the GC in managing extraordinary events, disputes and regulator requests.
- Assist in designing schedules for training, process refreshes and other regular compliance activities.
Skills & Experience
- Strong academics to degree level and a track-record of achievement.
- Broad knowledge of the consumer credit regulatory landscape.
- Deep knowledge of the financial promotion rules.
- Managed or involvement in developing key compliance processes
- Experience of supporting business teams directly, preferably in a small-medium sized business.
- Experience of working in or with companies in the internet space and/or digital media is seen as a significant, but not essential condition
- A clear communicator with fellow employees across the company, the management team, customers and suppliers.
- Highly organised and able to effectively plan their workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- A logical, detailed thinker with a commercial outlook, being able to contribute to decisions within the business beyond the compliance function.
- Pro-actively embraces change and enjoys the increased personal responsibility that comes with working in a SME business.