About The Company
The Compliance Department of a leading financial services firm, exists to provide advice, support and guidance on all regulatory matters as they apply to the business, the management team and employees of Securities Services. This includes all matters pertaining to the FCA, PRA or other UK regulators and international regulators. The Compliance Department works closely with the Securities Services SCA Corporate Compliance team in and the Operational Risk and Permanent Control teams (ORPC teams) to support the business in complying with all regulatory matters.
About The Role
The purpose of the role is to work with the business and peers within the compliance function to ensure that financial crime issues and regulatory matters are managed in a professional manner by providing support, advice and the sharing of knowledge both to the business and to the wider compliance function within Securities Services.
- Prepare reports on KYC remediation as required.
- Act as an advisor to the business regarding Financial Crime matters and escalations.
- Execute the Compliance Monitoring Plan relating to Financial Crime Reviews
- Respond to queries raised by the business
- Assist with financial crime prevention projects with the business.
- Sign off KYC files prepared by the Financial Crime Team and undertake KYC remediation exercises upon request from the Compliance specialist or Management.
- Communicate financial crime matters to Corporate Compliance, Group Financial Security and Territory.
- Support the business in raising financial crime concerns
- Support and contribute to a positive Financial Crime compliance culture (including AML, ABC, CTF and Sanctions) throughout the UK Securities Services.
- Assist with ensuring that operational policies and procedures adopt the requirements of the Securities Services Financial Crime policies
- Assess and process money laundering alerts
- Assist in the provision of training including the development of mandatory training
- Provide technical support and guidance to the Level 1 Financial Crime Team
- Carrying out duties as assigned by the management team
- Supporting the Head of Compliance and the Compliance Specialist - Financial Crime in all areas
- Providing and developing reporting and MI including the annual MLRO Report, requests from métier Compliance and EICC reports.
- Assist in responding to regulatory requests.
Key Internal Stakeholders
• Level 1 Financial Crime Team
• Business managers
• Internal Audit
• Metier Compliance
Key external key stakeholders
• CIB Compliance
• Industry peer groups
• External industry practitioners such as Norton Rose, CISI
Skills & Experience
- Detailed knowledge of the KYC and CDD process with a proven track record of KYC remediation projects in a similar role within financial services
- Knowledge and understanding of financial crime including AML, KYC and sanctions
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory trends and development
- Good knowledge of the 3RD EU AML Directive, FCA Financial Crime Guide and JMLSG
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of broader Compliance topics and OFAC, EU, UN and HMT sanctions requirements.
- Degree level or equivalent education
- Compliance qualification, e.g. ICA Diploma