Our client, a well know firm provider of risk intelligence solutions, is looking to hire a Client Strategist to join their team in New York.
About The Company
Established in 2007, the company has offices in London, Bristol, New York and California.
They are a rapidly growing UK and US based company, providing big data risk intelligence solutions to AAA rated global companies and institutions with a focus on the energy, health and finance sectors. The company is a leader within the risk management/risk intelligence big data space. As a very early entrant to automated analytics, the company has been delivering “big data” solutions before the term big data was coined. Customers include companies such as Shell, Johnson & Johnson, KPMG, the UK’s National Health Services (NHS) and the Central Bank of Ireland.
The company delivers technology-based insight in real-time, providing customers with the ability to make factual, critical business decisions and mitigate risks within their organisation and supply chain. The company systems ingest many millions of unstructured data elements per day from a huge array of sources to feed into the risk intelligence platform. Customers from widely varying sectors are able to explore and visualise trends, issues and influencers specific to their operations, monitor potential risks, correlate and drill down into the source data and receive targeted alerts to those items and areas that are most important to them.
The firm consists of passionate professionals focused on creating exceptional solutions and experiences for customers. Equally, they have a focus on creating an environment of trust and collaboration that is a fun, flexible and supportive place to thrive, grow and succeed. Successful team members have high levels of passion and personal accountability.
Client Strategists are the face of the company to the enterprise clients and their senior stakeholders. Your responsibilities are myriad and the role is dynamic, encompassing a) scoping and managing projects with clients, b) analysing risk intelligence products and deriving insights for risk and reputation management, c) developing deep knowledge of clients and their sectors, and d) building trusted and valued relationships. This particular role will highly benefit from an industry expertise in pharma or healthcare, and professional experience focused on reputation and risk management at a corporate level (i.e. Communications, Corporate Affairs, Public Relations, Marketing, Analytics, Investor Relations, etc.).
As a Client Strategist you will:
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience, assisting clients in realising the value of the firm's platform and insights, and ensuring their success, satisfaction and retention
- Become an expert in understanding not only company products, but the strategic landscape and sector(s) of the businesses with which you partner
- Partner with stakeholders in understanding their business challenges and working with them to understanding how to effectively utilise company solutions and insights to solve challenges around reputation and risk management
- Build strong, valued relationships with clients, shape client engagement strategies, influence critical decisions through strong stakeholder insights, and marketplace intelligence to enhance client performance and experience
- Proactively work to gain insight and conduct in-depth needs analyses to determine how best to create solutions for clients, in both a pre-sales environment and as new opportunities and challenges arise with existing customers
- Understand how to best probe through ambiguity to gain the information needed, and effectively translating client needs into requirements for the technical team as needed
- Become a super user of the firm's platform and regularly provide product demonstrations
- Proactively gain an in-depth understanding of the business landscape of your clients, including strategy, issues, key stakeholders and challenges
- Create rich and insightful data analytics and communicate (verbal, written and in presentation format) to key stakeholders at all levels within a client organisation, from analysts to C-level executives
- Gain and maintain an ongoing knowledge of the client’s challenges and desired objectives in relation to risk and reputation management
- Determine and validate stakeholder engagement parameters and relevant KPI’s and metrics
- Direct analyst team to create platform dashboards and visualisation approaches to address client challenges and priorities
- Support, review and manage client projects through their full life cycle
- Keep up with industry and sector trends and suggest best practices related to the company solutions for clients
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 5+ years experience:
- External client facing, consultative, business and technology solutions role
- Providing customer insights, business analytics, consulting, market research or related field - including analysing, manipulating, interpreting, and presenting data along with providing recommendations – preferably in the area of risk or reputation management
- Working directly with clients by providing valuable insights
- Experience with digital listening, artificial intelligence, big data, natural language processing (NLP), text analytics or social media monitoring and analytic platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create and present content client facing (on-site / remote platform presentations, PPT presentations, presenting both to multiple stakeholders via meeting format)
- Experience interacting and partnering at all levels of within an organization and ability to influence decisions not directly in your sphere of control
- Critical thinker, demonstrating good business acumen and professional gravitas
- Exhibit expertise in understanding and managing complex, multi-dimensional projects across sectors / industries having a significant client impact
- Proven experience in being able to think big (strategic vision) and manage small (tactical execution)
- Strong problem solver
- Ability to make sound judgement calls / decisions when faced with ambiguity
- Plan initiatives, generate task lists, set priorities, and drive to completion
- Manage multiple priorities to timeline
- Possess a work style that’s collaborative, flexible, agile, passionate, self-directed and entrepreneurial in nature
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, passionate and energetic self-starter, strong sense of urgency, and high personal accountability
- Excellent people and management skills – internal and external to an organisation
- Strong relationship management experience
- Passionate customer advocate
- Ability to travel to client sites
- Strong MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)