Client Approval Analyst
Information About This Job
|Job Title:||Client Approval Analyst|
|Salary:||Up to £40,000|
|Contact Name:||Ben Kinley|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
We are seeking a Client Approval Analyst to join a top tier Professional Services firm.
About The Company
The firm employs over 4,000 staff, including 2,800 lawyers and is one of the largest, fully-integrated law firms in the world.
They advise many of the largest and most ambitious organisations across all major regions of the world. The firm’s reputation for providing outstanding legal expertise is thoroughly deserved: they are globally pre-eminent in all forms of dispute resolution and an international leader in corporate and finance. The firm is one of the world's top-ranked energy and resources firms. They offer our clients a top-tier capability across a single global platform with a distinctive focus on industry sectors and an unparalleled depth of expertise.
About The Role
The General Counsel and Risk team work closely with management teams, practice groups, partners and business services teams to assist the business in complying with our risk management and compliance obligations.
The General Counsel and Risk team manage global and local risk, compliance and insurance for the firm in order to build and maintain a quality firm culture where business, financial and legal professional risk are actively managed and that the company brand and reputation are protected and enhanced.
The Client Approval Analyst will be part of the New Business Intake (NBI) team of 23. The NBI team has overall responsibility for ensuring all of the processes involved in taking on a new client/matter are adhered to and in accordance with the firm's risk management procedures. These include carrying out conflict checks for the firm's other offices, client approval, matter inception, anti-money laundering checks, tracking of client retainers, monitoring information barriers and recording of referrals; liaising where appropriate with support in the International offices.
The team are responsible for obtaining client approval, and completing the anti-money laundering (AML) checks, ensuring client retainers are in place and that the firm complies with its internal financial disciplines. The team provide support for all offices and this involves daily contact with fee earners.
- Carrying out initial research on all new clients by using a variety of different research tools including analysis of structure charts and other materials to establish the true beneficial ownership of the client.
- Assisting fee earners with general queries relating to client approval and the firms AML checks.
- Analysing responses and doing further research to ensure we are providing the approval partner with a clear understanding of any potential issues that relate to the new client.
- Producing a summary for the approval partner in a concise format to ensure they have the information they need to make a decision.
- Where incomplete information exists speaking to partners, associates and PA's for further information - this may also involve direct contact with the client to obtain this information.
- Liaising with the other New Business Intake teams to ensure a joined up and efficient process for the fee earners and PAs.
- Contacting the fee earners and PA's to ensure that appropriate retainers are in place and chasing where they remain outstanding.
- Ensuring the fee earners follow the firm's financial disciplines policy which involves chasing and escalating where appropriate to ensure compliance.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Ideal candidates will be educated to degree level and/or qualified in KYC/Compliance and have worked in a professional services environment in this field for one/two years.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Money Laundering Regulations 2017.
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with complex ownership structures / special purpose vehicles and companies based in high-risk jurisdictions
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good time management skills to prioritise workloads, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal, written and face to face communication skills.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to use initiative and be pro-active.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
- Enthusiastic, positive and committed team member.
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and meet deadlines.
- Takes personal responsibility for getting things done.
- Intelligent and commercially minded.
- Remains calm under pressure.