We are working closely with a leading Risk Intelligence firm to appoint a Business Development Manager in London.
About The Company
Established in 2007, the company has offices in London, Bristol, New York and California.
They are a rapidly growing UK and US based company, providing big data risk intelligence solutions to AAA rated global companies and institutions with a focus on the energy, health and finance sectors. The company is a leader within the risk management/risk intelligence big data space. As a very early entrant to automated analytics, the company has been delivering “big data” solutions before the term big data was coined. Customers include companies such as Shell, Johnson & Johnson, KPMG, the UK’s National Health Services (NHS) and the Central Bank of Ireland.
The company delivers technology-based insight in real-time, providing customers with the ability to make factual, critical business decisions and mitigate risks within their organisation and supply chain. The company systems ingest many millions of unstructured data elements per day from a huge array of sources to feed into the risk intelligence platform. Customers from widely varying sectors are able to explore and visualise trends, issues and influencers specific to their operations, monitor potential risks, correlate and drill down into the source data and receive targeted alerts to those items and areas that are most important to them.
The firm consists of\ passionate professionals focused on creating exceptional solutions and experiences for customers. Equally, they have a focus on creating an environment of trust and collaboration that is a fun, flexible and supportive place to thrive, grow and succeed. Successful team members have high levels of passion and personal accountability.
About The Role
Are you looking for a fast-paced career, with a leading technology organisation, offering a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions (including generous accelerators, incentives and performance-based rewards) and outstanding advancement potential?
The client is now seeking a highly motivated, achievement-driven Business Development Manager (BDM) .The Business Development Manager is a field sales role responsible for net new sales/contracts and additional contract expansion. The territory for this BDM includes specific major client accounts in a set vertical and carries a sales quota.
You will be an organised, self-motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit. You will be enthusiastic, assertive, high energy, professional and capable of navigating enterprise level complex sales processes from prospect to close, utilising a value selling approach.
We expect you to spend the bulk of your time customer facing. You will work with a team of high-performance technicians and data analysts to create an exceptional customer experience.
The Business Development Managers are responsible to:
- Leverage key best practices to drive and successfully sell new business opportunities
- Identify key decision makers, develop strategic relationships, and collaborate and quickly build relationships with key stakeholders (internal resources and external network) to prioritise and penetrate key accounts to drive new business
- Primary focus will be net new logos (i.e. net new client accounts)
- Consult with C-level executives to understand business needs and develop an effective, enterprise-wide strategy utilising company solutions
- Have a strong ability to formulate and articulate the positive financial impact of solutions to customers
- Exhibit strong problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly think on your feet
- Achieve and exceed quota
- Collaborate with MeaningMine technology professionals and Analysts related to customer project/product scoping and delivery aligned to successfully meeting the needs of customers
- Develop and maintain In-depth knowledge of company solutions and the Governance, Risk Intelligence and Compliance (GRC) market
- Be proficient in time management, account planning and territory management
- Provide accurate and timely revenue forecast and pipeline management as determined by the SVP, Sales
- Compliance in utilising internal sales enablement tools and management processes
- Support your fellow Sales team members in ensuring the overall success of the Sales team
- Consistently achieve behaviour based KPI’s as determined by the SVP, Sales
- Exhibit responsibility with regards to expense management
- Travel is required (> 50%)
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years Field Sales experience in a B2B enterprise level environment (on-site / face-to-face client selling)
- Strong value selling background
- Proven experience with consultative selling in the technology industry (i.e. software and services – cloud based preferred), with hands on experience of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close
- The firm specialises in risk intelligence for the energy, health and finance sectors. Prior sales experience into these sectors is preferable.
- Experience positioning to executive level management, involving multiple decision makers
- Proven negotiation skills
- Sales experience with digital Governance, Risk Intelligence and Compliance (GRC) is a big plus!
- A strong level of professionalism, business acumen, and written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to develop and conduct effective presentations with both contract decision makers (C-level) and at the user level
- High level of personal accountability and integrity
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, entrepreneurial spirit, and exhibits a “can do” attitude
- Solid written and verbal command of the English language required.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to understand and calculate figures at a proficiency level that reflects a good understanding of financial principals
- Solid written and verbal command of the English language required. Multi-lingual a big plus.
- BA/BS degree
- Uncapped bonus capability
- Annual Vacation (25 days – increases with tenure)
- 8 Bank Holidays (statutory)
- Enhanced Sick Time
- Employee Share Option Scheme
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Office Environment
- Pet-friendly offices (clean, trained and well-behaved dogs)
- Great team environment