About The Company
The company is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With US$1,019 billion in assets under management as of 31 March, 2017, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Their innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, the firm's long-term views and interests are aligned with those of their clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialised subject-matter expertise.
Thr firm's Funds Group is the sponsored fund group and offers funds (to include UCITS and AIFs) across equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies, globally. As of 2017 the Global fund businesses comprised of 80+ funds, domiciled in various legal jurisdictions with assets of US$34 billion from institutional and distribution clients in many countries.
About The Role
Working closely with various cross functional teams (legal and compliance, tax services, fund administration, marketing, product development and client relationship management) the Business Analyst will lead and manage regulatory, governance, and compliance projects and recurring work for the Global business. This position will report to the Manager, Governance Business Policies and Practices.
- Monitor and review regulatory and governance developments (working closely with legal and compliance colleagues) and assess the impact on the fund business. Lead or assist in the implementation of related changes
- Assist with the ongoing regulatory and compliance obligations of the business to include oversight, filings, surveys, examinations and reviews
- Be familiar with and ensure adherence to applicable fund and governance laws, regulations and codes, working closely with legal and compliance colleagues
- Ensure business and fund changes are appropriately built into committee and board reporting and governance processes
- Develop and maintain governance policies, procedures and best practices
- Develop and coordinate reporting to various governing boards and oversight committees
- Lead/participate in projects and working groups on regulatory and governance matters
- Develop and enhance policies and procedures on fund sponsor related topics
- Enhance delegated investment management oversight model and practices
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated record of progression and achievement in the investment management business. The candidate will have a capacity for differentiated thinking, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work across teams. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the presence, and leadership qualities needed to lead and facilitate cross functional projects and meetings in a fast-paced, evolving regulatory environment.
Specific qualifications include:
- Minimum of seven to ten years of relevant experience in the in the investment management/funds sector
- Solid understanding of mutual funds, UCITS and AIFs
- Strong academic credentials
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Deadline focused, organised self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and issues
- Ability to identify, research and resolve unfamiliar issues
- Strong business judgement and analytical skills