The client is looking to recruit an Audit Senior, based out of their Birmingham Office.
About The Role
Our Audit team gets under the skin of an organisation to discover what makes it tick. By working closely with our clients we can add value and become a key part of their team whenever they need us – not just once a year. If you would welcome the opportunity to be part of a forward thinking and progressive business, in order to deliver excellent service and build long-term relationships
The role will require you to plan, delegate, review and complete audit and accountancy work for Manager review and supervise junior members of the team.
- Provide liaison between client and Manager during the audit.
- Supervise the audit team, providing leadership, control and guidance as required.
- Ensure that high standards of quality, reporting and advice are maintained throughout the audit.
- Plan the assignment and supervise the team in order to complete work on time and within budget and identify alternative or innovative methods of completing the assignment.
- Review the work of allocated staff, answering all but the most difficult fieldwork queries and ensure that files are prepared in accordance with the audit manual for managerial review.
- Co-ordinate the documentation and file work, including the management letter and other reports, to complete an assignment for review by the Manager.
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of current technical matters.
- Become and remain familiar with the market in which the client operates.
- Liaise with the Tax Department in respect of tax related activity.
- Prepare and discuss assignment appraisal reports.
- Assist in the development of other, more junior, professional staff.
- Participate in discussions at client’s or other meetings.
- Perform detailed technical work as required, contribute to technical or other discussions with the client showing commercial awareness, skill and initiative in handling complex technical matters.
- To be aware of the latest technical developments through reading and attendance of courses (internal and external)
- Carry out duties in accordance with office procedures manual.
- To provide ad-hoc support to other members of the audit department as required.
A professional qualification (ACA, ACCA) is preferred, however, suitable equivalents will be considered subject to sufficient experience. CPD to the requirement of the professional qualification must be maintained.