About The Role:
The company is a strategic advisory firm, based in and focused on Asia, led by a group of experienced advisory and investment professionals. The firm is dedicated to assisting clients to deploy capital more effectively, providing advisory solutions in risk mitigation, business intelligence and corporate finance advisory. We advise financial investors – private equity, distressed debt, institutional, hedge and sovereign wealth funds – as well as corporates, from multi-nationals to regional Asian groups. We have offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Beijing and Tokyo.
The firm is seeking an associate, to be based in its Singapore office, focusing on risk investigations (including due diligence, disputes and business intelligence) in SE Asia. We are looking for a bright, inquisitive and self-driven individual who wants to be part of a high quality, diverse and busy team. You will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects across a range of industries.
You will be expected to be able to carry out intensive research and analysis of large amounts of data and then assessing accuracy, reliability and relevance. You will also be expected to be able to produce high quality written reports and charts to present your findings to clients, under the supervision of members of the firm's senior management team.
Skills & Experience
The following skills and competencies are relevant:
- Native or complete fluency in written and spoken English.
- Command of a second SE Asian language such would be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite.
- The ability to carry out detailed research and analysis via proprietary databases, the internet and human sources.
- Strong analytical skills, including critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills – ability to communicate research findings in writing and orally, as well as more complex issues, in discussion with clients and company staff.
- A solid understanding of the business and political environment in SE Asia, including the key issues affecting investors, would be an advantage.
- The ability to meet deadlines, prioritise workload and multi-task under pressure.\
- The ability to work as a part of a multinational team across the firm's six offices in Asia. This may include periods working with colleagues in other countries.