Associate Director – Transaction Advisory Services, position can be based out of the Boston, New York City and Chicago.
About The Company
The company provides independent expert testimony, advisory services and data analytics to major law firms, Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and regulatory bodies around the world. The firm experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, restructuring, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm assists clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement and strategy consulting. Headquartered in Emeryville, California, company currently has over 36 offices across the U.S. and internationally.
The Associate Director role is a senior-level consulting position. This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with solid analytical ability, strong organizational skills, and a desire to advance within the organization including developing relationships with new clients that will generate incremental revenue for the firm. The work of an Associate Director will involve both execution and oversight of engagement work streams that may be either qualitative or quantitative in nature. Responsibilities include: management of junior staff, design and development of financial analyses, evaluation of strategic alternatives, development and presentation of client deliverables, management of existing client relationships, industry research, and expansion of business. The ideal candidate should be prepared to work in a team environment on a diverse range of transaction advisory services assignments relating to:
- Financial and Business Diligence
- Quality of Earnings
- Working Capital Analysis
- Provide Strategic Transaction Advice to Clients
This position offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert services and consulting firm.
- Lead the day-to-day activities of the Corporate Finance – Transaction Advisory Services client service teams executing on buy and sell side diligence engagements
- Over 18 month period build a run-rate book-of-business between $.5M and $1M of fees
- Manage and oversee a support team of junior staff
- Demonstrate consistent, balanced project delegation, supervision and leadership skills across all areas of an engagement
- Utilize business, finance, accounting, and analytical skills to perform tasks including, but not limited to: quality of earnings, financial trend analysis, working capital trending and benchmark, financial statement review, and business plan assessments
- Collaborate with company experts, professionals from other firms and client personnel to achieve engagement objectives
- Oversee the preparation of reports, written analyses, presentations, and other client deliverables
- Participate in the development of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial consulting practice including assisting in marketing, client pitches and product and practice development
- Demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, quality and integrity
- Demonstrate an interest and aptitude in business development and becoming known in the marketplace as an expert in their field through client work and the creation of thought leadership papers, journal articles, and presentations
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting from a leading university. An MBA or CPA is a plus
- 8 to 10 years prior work experience, in transaction advisory or related a professional services environment
- Strong data analysis skills and problem solving abilities
- Desire and ability to manage processes and other staff
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with senior management
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize changing work demands and learn quickly
- Ability to understand legal documents and complex agreements
- Familiarity with financial research tools (e.g. Capital IQ, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Experience in a Big Four Transaction Advisory Services practice
- Experience and depth of knowledge of industry players, key industry drivers, and current trends
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the U.S., without company sponsorship.