About The Role:
The firm provides multidisciplinary services and solutions to lenders, companies, investors and attorneys through our core practice areas:
- Private Equity/ Hedge Fund Services
- Restructuring and Transaction Advisory Services
- Litigation, Forensics, and Dispute Resolution Services
- Valuation Services
- Intellectual Property Services
- Bank Regulatory Services
- Capital Markets Services
The firm is looking for a senior consulting member for its Intellectual Property Services Team. The ideal candidates will have 8-10 years of experience in consulting, specifically with a focus in Intellectual Property (IP) valuation, litigation, and transactions. Knowledge of the legal landscape for IP infringement (both patent and other matters) We are primarily seeking an Associate Director in our New York City or Boston office.
The firm provides independent expert testimony, advisory services and data analytics to major law firms, Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and regulatory bodies around the world. The fim experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, restructuring, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm assists clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement and strategy consulting.
Headquartered in California, the company currently has over 28 offices across the U.S. and internationally. This position offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert services and consulting firm.
- Be a primary point of contact for clients; develop deep and expanding relationships with existing clients; independently develop client and potential client relationships for the group.
- Manage communications between the client and the project team.
- Lead the project team to conduct the necessary research and to develop analyses required by the project.
- Lead, train and be a role model for more junior staff and peers. We are a team oriented environment that requires conducting of work and business development in a team environment.
- Be a leader in effective communication, both in verbal and written form.
- Independently draft portions of expert reports and client presentations. Have the ability to create solid drafts of reports with minimal supervision and oversight. Written work product should be “client-ready” when sent to senior project team members.
- Develop relationships with industry leaders, understand industry trends, and attend industry events.
- Manage own time and project team to budgets in an effective way; anticipate and manage budget issues with client and senior team.
- Handle billing and collections on client engagements.
- Experience – minimum 8-10 years of experience in consulting, specifically with a focus in Intellectual Property (IP) valuation, litigation, and transactions. Knowledge of the legal landscape for IP infringement (both patent and other matters) strongly preferred.
- Critical-thinking skills - Must be able to use logic and reasoning to solve complex problems – in box and out of box thinking.
- Communication skills – Strong communication skills are required. Must be able to explain analyses and conclusions to others. Requires very strong writing skills and experience crafting expert reports on damages and other types of financial issues and disputes. Must be able to synthesize complex information and distill it down to the primary points for presentation.
- Analytical skills – Strong excel modeling skills required. Need to be comfortable working with numbers and quickly synthesize the data to identify trends and patterns and draw conclusions.
- Detail oriented - Must have innate ability to attend to details. Internal and external clients demand accurate analyses supporting the conclusions. Must work with the project team to develop processes to ensure accuracy.
- Flexible – The position requires flexibility to meet client and court imposed deadlines and client demands. Our clients are top law firms and companies that have an expectation that there demanding needs will be met. Hours can be variable including work on nights and weekends as needed. There is an expectation that you will be available and monitoring email at most times.
- Excellent staff management and training capability a must. We are a team oriented and fairly flat organization. We are very non-hierarchical an inclusive in our work day and approach to our business.
The company operates as a National firm and will consider excellent candidates where we have offices and proven market opportunities. Primarily in our New York or Boston offices.