Our client, a world leading Professional Services Firm, is seeking to appoint an Associate Director for their Forensic Technology Division.
About The Company
The company is a global network of professional firms providing audit, tax, and advisory services, with an industry focus. The aim is to turn knowledge into value for the benefit of the firms' clients, people, and the capital markets. With more than 145,000 people worldwide, member firms provide audit, tax, and advisory services in over 150 countries. The firm is a recognised market leader with offices in 13 cities in China.
The firm has experienced forensic resources based in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. They provide clients with commercial and financial expertise in the areas of Fraud and Misconduct Investigations, Anti-money Laundering and Sanctions Compliance Services, Fraud Risk Management, Forensic Technology and Corporate Intelligence services.
We have worked with industry professionals in Asia Pacific, and worldwide through the the firm's International Forensic network of over 3,500 professionals to conduct successful enquiries and analyse financial information across numerous jurisdictions.
About The Role
Investigations, dispute resolutions and regulatory assignments increasingly revolve around computer systems and electronic information. The Forensic Technology professionals aim to work to the standards established by law enforcement agencies in the many jurisdictions in which firms operate. The firm can also deploy technology tools to help clients deal effectively with large amounts of data and documentation, to manage and disclose important material or highlight fraud, weaknesses and business opportunities from within corporate data.
This role will be particularly attractive to experienced practitioners who have the vision, ambition and capability to lead and define the shape of the future of the Forensic Technology practice at the firm's Forensic operations in China.
- Project management and carrying out reactive forensic analysis on a large amount of unstructured data with a wide range of computer forensic and E-Discovery software.
- Working with clients, fraud investigators, internal & external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities to deliver E-Discovery solutions.
- Develop and nurture a good network and market profile to attract clients and engagements;
- Supervise a full-suite of Forensic Technology services (i.e. computer forensics, eDiscovery and Cyber security) in Shanghai
- Work on a wide variety of project based work, across a broad range of industries and geographies in Shanghai and South Asia, serving clients domestically and internationally
- Develop and implement Forensic Technology practice strategy and operations designs
- Be actively involved, with other managers and seniors managers, in the management of a team of consultants and senior consultants, transfer knowledge and competencies to junior resources
- Actively participate in Forensic Technology practice strategy, operations designs, business development and marketing activities
- Collaborate with the other professionals in the firm, with an important focus on the broader forensic practices such as Digital Evidence Recovery, Records and Information Management, Cyber Investigation, Data Analytics, Dispute Advisory and Investigations, AML and Anti-bribery & Corruption
- Team together with other team members locally and internationally in delivering client services and presentations
Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of professional experience in the Forensic Technology area with established experience of team management
- Bachelor's degree in IT-related disciplines such as Engineering, Information Science, Computer Science with a strong computer programming component, Masters or PhD is preferred
- Strong technical skills and experience in at least two of the Forensic Technology services (i.e. computer forensics, eDiscovery, Cyber Security)
- Ability to describe complex technical concepts and ideas in non-technical terms
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead and manage multiple significant client engagements
- Excellent communication and reporting skills (both verbal and written)
- Resilience and a team player with strong work ethics
- Logical thinking and consultative oriented
- Experience in DBA, EnCase, FTK, Clearwell, Nuix and Relativity is preferred
- Proficiency in spoken/written Chinese and English