This position can be based out of Boston, New York City or Chicago.
About The Company
The company provides independent expert testimony, advisory services and data analytics to major law firms, Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and regulatory bodies around the world. The firm's experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, restructuring, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm assists clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement and strategy consulting. Headquartered in California, the company currently has over 36 offices across the U.S. and internationally.
About The Role
This is a consulting staff position. The ideal candidate should be prepared to work in a team environment on a diverse range of assignments relating to:
- CFO Solutions (Finance and Accounting Transformation)
- Strategy and Operations
This position offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert services and consulting firm.
- Lead the day-to-day activities of firm's Corporate Finance client service teams executing on business improvement initiatives
- Manage and oversee a support team of junior staff
- Demonstrate consistent, balanced project delegation, supervision and leadership skills across all areas of an engagement.
- Utilize business, finance, accounting, and analytical skills to perform tasks including, but not limited to: financial modeling, valuation, business process optimization, data analytics and visualization, financial statement review, and business plan assessments
- Collaborate with the firm's in-house experts, professionals from other firms and client personnel to achieve engagement objectives
- Create project plans and ensure that goals and milestones are being achieved
- Oversee the preparation of reports, written analyses, presentations, and other client deliverables
- Participate in the development of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial consulting practice including assisting in marketing, client pitches and product and practice development
- Demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, quality and integrity
- Demonstrate an interest and aptitude in business development and becoming known in the marketplace as an expert in their field through client work and the creation of thought leadership papers, journal articles, and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree or degree equivalent in Business, Accounting/Finance, Management, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, or related field. A Master’s degree, MBA, CFA, or CPA is a plus
- 9+ years prior work experience, ideally in a consulting or professional services environment
- Desire and ability to manage processes and other staff
- Effective written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with senior management
- Willingness to travel up to 80%
- Strong data analysis skills and problem solving abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work well independently or in a team dynamic
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize changing work demands and learn quickly
- Ability to understand legal documents and complex agreements
- Familiarity with financial research tools (e.g. Capital IQ, APQC, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Basic understanding of SQL, Python, VBA or other coding languages is a plus
- Basic understanding of Tableau or other data visualization tools is a plus
- Experience in restructuring companies, bankruptcy processes and procedures, or related financial and analytical experience
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the U.S., without company sponsorship.