Our client believe those with the drive and the brilliance to be successful should be allowed to do so without fear. Even in an ever-more connected and cut-throat world, they still can. Because with the right mix of law, risk consulting, cyber security and intelligence – delivered with incisiveness and precision – privacy is not dead, and reputation can be defended.
This is a newly-created role to assist with growing an established research function within the business, servicing a variety of corporate, private and high net worth clients.
The job holder will work with the clients or with other teams internally, to identify information that supports client’s decision making, and obtain, analyse and advise on that information
Knowledge / experience
- Degree educated (2:1 minimum)
- Experience of delivering and managing research projects
- Expertise in the online world and understanding of the status of different types of online material, the function of search software and the scope of information beyond mainstream search methods.
- Detailed knowledge of subscription and open source tools and databases that provide information on individuals and companies. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of both UK and cross-jurisdiction tools and databases.
- Practical experience should cover executive due diligence; property searches; credit data; company registers; legal databases; politically exposed persons; KYC checks and anti-money laundering.
- A keen interest in traditional and social media and will be familiar with how social media privacy controls work and how to track information that is publicly available. The candidate will also have a working knowledge of media monitoring tools.
- Financially literate and be able to read and interpret company accounts, in order to provide advanced analysis in support of research findings – an advantage but not required.
- Knowledge of how data can be used by the press, hostile campaigners, NGO’s, whistle-blowers, employees, bloggers, unions and competitive rivals would be of benefit.
- Demonstrable understanding of data protection principles, Bribery Act, privacy laws and the legal constraints within which ethical research operates.
- Client focused with a strong desire to provide an exceptional service and commercial enough to spot new opportunities.
- Works closely with Director, Risk Consulting shaping and budgeting projects to meet client expectations.
- Identifies new opportunities to develop the overall research offering and helps the Delivery Director bring these to fruition.
- Reviews data resources and helps the Delivery Director create the business case for new investment, where appropriate.
- Contributes to the systematisation of research work by updating and enhancing existing processes and procedures.
- Contributes to the firms overall knowledge management efforts by producing best practice guidelines and case studies.
- Produces high quality reports and analysis for clients.
- Maintains a directory of all data sources.
- Meets fee and profitability targets.
- Develops external facing content that will feed into sales and marketing literature.
For more information, please contact Nathan Blackman on email@example.com / 07733 507 771