About The Company
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
Our team supports many of the firm’s leading clients, largely within the banking and financial services sector, on a wide range of challenging projects.
About The Role
Successful applicants will support clients across a range of financial crime issues, including anti-money laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC), Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs), sanctions, alert and transaction monitoring.
Typical responsibilities could include:
- Perform assessments against a range of policy, guidelines and regulatory expectations within Financial Services
- Perform review and subsequent remediation of client files
- Contacting and communicating with external sources
- Building and maintaining relationships with the wider global network
- Understand and proactively keep up to date with the latest regulatory developments and issues which affect our clients.
What's In It For You?
This is a fast paced, challenging environment which can provide you with a rewarding and stimulating career. You will work with well known, global clients and receive both technical and softer skills training to assist with your continual personal and professional development.
More About Our Clients
Our clients are typically large banks, asset managers and hedge funds. While not an exhaustive list, the projects you are likely to support on will include compliance and regulatory change programmes, finance/operational transformations, redress & remediation, restructuring, research and acquisitions & mergers. Our clients continue to ask us for continued support in helping them manage their regulatory issues, contributing to sustained growth across our practice over the last two years.
Projects will be mainly carried out at the Belfast office, although you may be required to travel to client sites (across the UK and sometimes global client sites) or UK offices for training. We will discuss these requirements with you in advance of starting a project.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Preference for graduates, though candidates without degrees will also be considered if they demonstrate relevant experience (minimum of one year’s relevant experience).
- Previous experience within a compliance or AML function
- An understanding of the banking industry and related regulatory environment (note SME regulatory knowledge is not required)
- Ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to work
- Ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter and motivated to succeed
- Professionally sceptical mind-set
- Proven ability to be a team player, while retaining ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for learning new systems and IT applications