About The Company
As an international reputation and privacy consultancy comprised of law, advisory, cyber and intelligence, The firm helps companies and successful individuals from all over the world to protect their privacy and reputation, free from intrusions into their private lives or assaults on their character. The team of leading lawyers, risk consultants, cyber security experts and intelligence analysts work together with leading companies and individuals – defending their rights and freedoms in an age of instant communication and relentless change.
About The Role
Your role is to apply strategic problem solving techniques from consulting to solve clients’ reputation and privacy problems at source. The problem might be related to an acquisition, customer dissatisfaction, poor cash-flow, investor activism or negative stories in the press – perhaps a combination of all.
The common theme will be that a company or individual is suffering from reputation and or privacy threats. Your role will be to help the client / CEO and management team get to the root causes of the problem.
The firms consists of a multidisciplinary set up with a business intelligence team, a cyber security team and a legal team.
Due to this multidisciplinary set up, an essential part of this role may be classic project management, both internal facing in an ‘engagement manager’ type function and externally managing other professional services providers in a larger project.
This role, will be part of a growing team, and of course you will be expected to play a part in developing business, new offerings and thought leadership.
The role would suit a current case team leader / engagement manager with 3-5 years of relevant experience, looking to branch out of pure strategy consulting into a more entrepreneurial, dynamic and disruptive consulting environment, with more of an emphasis on media communications and strategy - and less of an emphasis on implementation and excel heavy data analysis.
- Should be an expert in management consulting – able to bring best practice knowledge to build out the team and train junior staff best practices in:
- Analysis and evaluation of data, creating slides, consulting techniques, project management and due diligence
- A good writer – able to produce thought leadership and reports. High attention to detail.
- Maintains network of professional contacts to keep abreast of new ideas in area of specialism
- Experienced in business development – has developed pitches, new offerings or created target lists of clients
- Able to interpret complex information accurately. Sees patterns and links between issues that are not obvious to others
- Is rapidly able to grasp complex ideas and key issues at speed
- Can take account of a multitude of factors simultaneously and identify underlying problems in difficult or unclear situations
- Able to think through concepts, analyse risks and then problem solve
- Has ability to grasp new concepts and ideas and able to apply knowledge
- Able to retain and retrieve information accurately
- Able to develop creative solutions to client issues
- Able to set clear long and short term objectives
- Demonstrates an awareness of key financial measures and is strongly commercially aware
- Worked as a generalist or has experience of multiple industries
- Understands and buys in to culture of the firm
- Open to feedback and personal development
- Can act as an ambassador for the firm
- Articulate in speech and writing
- Demonstrates effective ‘two-way’ communications
- Indicates confidence in own judgement
- Comfortable and personable in client contact
- Looks to develop relationships with clients
- Keeps up to date on news coverage about clients/industries
- Positive team player
- Is attuned to client’s agenda
- A highly effective time manager
- Consistently delivers own and others tasks on time and to budget.
- Able to organise the work of others by using effective project management skills
- Likely to have spent some time 3-5 years in a strategy consulting firm / Bain / BCG Mckinsey or other comparable firms, completed an MBA or done internal strategy; educated to degree level / possible MBA
- Looking for a change in the type of consulting – less financial, more strategic
- Adaptable to different project types
- Entrepreneurial – willing to help develop new offerings
- Able to demonstrate an interest in at least 2 of the following other Technology / cyber security / business Intelligence / Law
- Superlative interpersonal and consultancy skills
- Robust and able to overcome challenges