About The Company
The firm is the leading provider of information services for emerging markets executives around the globe. Through a bundled suite of research, analytical tools, and network of experts, the firm's powers the strategic plans and key business activities of emerging market business leaders at over 200 of the world’s leading multinational corporations with one goal in mind: To help clients outperform in emerging markets.
Headquartered in Washington D.C., with regional offices in London and Singapore, the firm is made up of exceptional individuals with a strong desire to work in a globally diverse setting. An innovative and entrepreneurial organisation that appreciates hard work, new ideas, and a commitment to excellence. The firm's employees are the best and the brightest, relentless in their pursuit to delight clients and help bolster a world-class brand.
As planed for continued growth, the firm is seeking an Account Manager to join the Asia Pacific team based in Singapore. Qualified individuals with a passion for emerging markets are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Account Manager for APAC will be responsible for managing the firm's relationships with clients, and for ensuring clients maintain their relationships with the firm. The role is commercial, with the success of an Account Manager being measured by their ability to renew and increase the contract value of an account. Account Managers work closely with a portfolio of clients across a range of sectors including healthcare, CPG, industrials and technology.
The Account Manager is responsible for overall client management including the diagnosis of critical business issues, management of the value and delivery of services, as well as ensuring clients renew their relationship with the firm. Account Managers are also expected to identify opportunities to increase the scope of the firm's relationship within a client, and to drive increased contract value.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage/oversee ~25-30 clients
- Deliver commercial and service-oriented meetings at defined points in the client lifecycle and upon client request
- Ensure that existing clients receive the expected value from the firm's services and drive their renewal decisions
- Deliver incremental revenue through relationship expansion
- Liaise with research and broader commercial team to inform new product development
- Set clear expectations with clients around service and product capabilities
- Establish regular communication with clients to ensure deep understanding of critical business issues
- Leverage the firm's internal and external resources to address client needs
- Develop deep product expertise to effectively deliver the firm's content
- Create synergies between clients through targeted peer interactions to leverage the power of the firm's network
- Collaborate with clients to build and maintain an ongoing service plan to support key business priorities
- Drive research and event development to execute on client needs
- Identify content, timing and participants to ensure exceeded expectations and add value across the membership
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree
- 4-6 years experience in a commercial, account management or advisory role
- Work experience gained in international markets is a plus but not required
- Language fluency in relevant regional languages is a plus but not required
- Experience working with high value intangible products in a finance, information services or consulting environment
- Proven success in a team-based environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and persuasion skills
- Ambitious, driven and able to work autonomously in a goal-orientated environment
- Collegial, and dedicated to the success of the team
- Professional, responsible, self-motivated and disciplined
- Strong executive presence
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Culturally attuned; able to work in culturally diverse environments